Wednesday, June 9, 2010

To Love As Christ Loves

Before I started working at EMC, I was sheltered from many realities that plague so many of the women who we help at EMC: abusive relationships, post-abortion syndrome, extreme poverty, broken families, and many other difficult situations. My job here has been eye-opening, to say the least.

Last week I met a girl named "Claire" who is pregnant for the fifth time. Her first four pregnancies ended in abortion, and she is in her fourth consecutive abusive relationship, and was considering a fifth abortion.

She poured out her heart to me over the course of two sessions. While she is now planning to keep her baby and is scheduled for a sonogram, she has a difficult road ahead of her. She is a beautiful and strong woman though, and, as I assured her many times, will make an excellent mother.

I thank God for these opportunities to truly understand the difficulties that so many woman struggle with and I pray that I may learn to love others the way that He loves.

No comments: