Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Wanna Hold Your Hand



Last Tuesday was the first time I went to the Brooklyn office. I was introduced to Linda, the head of the center and immediately admired her strong, vivacious personality. The first piece of advice she gave to me and the other intern with me was to have faith and pray incessantly. She emphasized that we could not properly counsel these women without God's help. And, watching her with "her girls" I realized that she was right.

Tuesdays are prenatal days at Linda's office, so I saw about ten beautiful, pregnant women coming into the office for either a consultation with the doctor or to see a sonogram. I had the opportunity to see one of the sonograms-my first sonogram ever!

It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! To see a baby moving around in his mother's womb was unbelievable. Linda, prayed over the mother's stomach for the baby and told the mother to talk to her child. She asked the mother to tell her baby to hold her hand, and the baby actually started raising his hand toward the mom's womb. It was a very moving experience and one that I will never forget!

No comments: