Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"You Can Lead a Horse..."


"Why did my dumb sister give me the number to THIS place?" said this girl I'll call Jane. "I should've just gone to Dr. Emily's!" I asked her if she'd like to reschedule and she refused saying she would stay to take her test and consultation. I came back into the room a few minutes later and she asked me if she could just take her test and leave. "Well, if you sign it at the bottom then you agree to stay for a test AND a consulation." Jane then replied, " I don't have time for this."
"Well" I said "then you can just leave."

I wish I didn't have to say this to Jane. I wish she would've agreed to stay and talk to me, Liz, or any of the other counselors. And lastly, I wish she would've agreed to keep her baby. But, unfortunately some people will refuse to even listen.

After Jane came and went quite abruptly, a 17 year old girl came in for a test. I asked "What do you want to do if your test is positive?" "I want to abort" she said "no way can I take care of a baby." We talked for awhile and then I showed her two abortion videos. Tears began to roll down her face, and her body began to shake. I called in her sister for moral support( she had tried earlier to talk her sister out of having an abortion.) She kept saying "I can't do this" "I can't do this." Luckily, I got her into a sonogram that day with the help of Kathy. I don't know what the outcome of the sonogram was, but I am still praying for her that she has the strength to make the right decision.

Some people won't listen. But thanks be to God for those who do. Like the mom of the little baby in my picture that Liz saved!

No comments: