Saturday, June 26, 2010

She too Turned Around!


They always come for a reason they do not know. They come to EMC centres abortion bound, but they leave with their babies in their womb and heart. God alone has a reason for everything, as we know, nothing happens by chance.

Last week, precisely Saturday June 19, I spoke with a pregnant woman I will call Jane. She is married but lives alone with her two daughters: her husband works in their native country; all their upkeep depends on her meagre salary; no one is there to help her, how difficult it will be when she will have this baby; in fact, she can't keep it.

I showed her our videos including Choice Blues. As she watched, I affirmed the possible destruction abortion could inflict on the body and life of a woman. "Who knows if this child is the only one to take care of you in old age; who knows why God allowed this child to come now just because you visited your husband in March; your best gift to your children is brothers and sisters...I went on and on and told her about our free services but she left with these words: "If I decide to have my baby I will go to my doctor for sonogram and prenatal consultation."

I called Jane twice this week but she had not made a decision. Just this morning, I called again and dropped a voicemail suggesting she discuss with her boss to take her baby to work (she looks after an old man), of course as a father he might understand and help her instead of aborting her baby. Jane later called me back and said she's keeping her baby but she needs a better job. She said she's grateful for my concern, but I'm more grateful to her for being optimistic in making this most difficult decision. I promised we will help her with job as much as we can.

Please pray for women in such difficulties that they may not see abortion as the solution to their problems.

No comments: