Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Mom Chose Life




A young woman came into the center on Wednesday and totally made my day. She was scared she was pregnant but told me right away that no matter what, "I'm keeping my baby."

I was caught off guard since almost every other girl coming through the door says the exact opposite.

She shared with me that she has always been against abortion saying, "I could never do something like that; I just I can't do it."

Her choice of words was so ironic because moments before in the same consultation room a different woman was determined to have an abortion rejecting any other option I proposed repeating, "I can't do it."

The first woman had almost been a victim of abortion herself. She said that at any opportunity she gets to give a talk at school or something, she would speak about abortion. Plus, she wants to be a sonographer.

When I asked if her boyfriend knew she might be pregnant and how he reacted she said she asks any man she dates up front how he feels about children and abortion.

This young woman had the same excuses that most girls give. I'm too young. I want to finish school. I'm not ready. I still want to have fun etc. She could have said any of these things, but instead she said that even though this was not the perfect time in her life to have a baby, she would make changes to make it work.

I told her she was awesome and that she should speak to our other clients.

No comments: