Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Free Abortion


Our subway ad campaign began this week and the phones have been ringing off the hooks! The stories are all different but the end objective is the same.

"My medicaid expired. . .I've had an abortion before. . .I can't do this. . .I just want to get rid of it. . .I want to finish school. . .I'm too young. . .I want my free abortion."

Whether it's on the phone or on the street, I seem to be hearing this frantic cry more and more. I find it very disturbing that abortion, the murder of an innocent baby, would be considered so lightly, so insignificant, that the idea that you could get one for free is even conceivable.

What can you get for free anymore? Maybe a cup of coffee or a doughnut but usually there are always strings attached such as "with the purchase of" or "plus shipping and handling."

The scary thing is that abortions are so readily available that they really are practically free.

Well at EMC we do give things away for free. Our services are truly free, no psychological, emotional or physical side-effects guaranteed.

Through the generosity of our many donors, we are able to do this challenging and desperately needed work. This picture shows some of our interns and Linda, the Brooklyn office director, assembling a FREE double stroller for one of our clients.

No comments: