Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One for All and All for One

Today was one of those days when I truly witnessed the absolute power of prayer. I was outside of Dr. Emily's this morning when a couple pulled up. One of the Spanish-speaking counselors called out to the man and talked to him for a short time. Sadly, the man and his girlfriend went inside the abortion mill. Using the rosary around my wrist, I began praying for this couple immediately. If this man was so willing to talk to us when he pulled up, then maybe we still had a chance to reach him as his girlfriend waited three hours for her "turn" on the abortion table.

This one prayer was for all. For the abortion-minded girl waiting inside, for the confused boyfriend, for their innocent baby, for my patience with this difficult case. This prayer was answered so quickly! The man came back outside to talk to me. We talked for nearly two hours as I encouraged him to go inside and talk to his girlfriend. This man went in to talk to his girlfriend. She wouldn't come out with him. The man came back out and talked to me for another hour. He was even so kind as to buy me a soda. The man went in for a second time, but again, the girl absolutely refused to come out.

This is when ALL my prayers started being for ONE. For that ONE precious, innocent baby that was hanging between life and death in that abortion mill. The boyfriend told me that the girl was already in the room and that he couldn't do anything else. I pleaded with him to go in, and find her, and tell her how much he wanted her to have a free sonogram. He said there was nothing else he could do. But, there was something else I could do: PRAY! I kept praying and praying and praying. And, PRAISE GOD, the girl walked out of the clinic! The boyfriend ran up, and picked her up, and embraced her. This was a beautiful thing in itself, but even more so after hours and hours of counseling this man.

To make a long story short: this beautiful girl was not actually pregnant. She had a cyst. The reason the girl came out was because the abortionist refused to show her her sonogram. The abortionist was actually about perfrom an abortion on an unpregnant girl! Not to mention this girl had a medical issue that surely would have been aggravated severely by a fake abortion. I told the man to take the woman to a doctor, a good doctor who wouldn't treat his girlfriend like a bag of walking cash.

I know God had His hand on this situation. The situation seemed so bleak and hopeless, it was taking so much time and energy, but prayer kept me going and my prayers were answered. This woman can now seek good medical help for her cyst, the man is now more informed about abortion and encouraged to make a choice for life in future situations, and I feel empowered by prayer to persevere in the most trying cases at Dr. Emily's.

No comments: