Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Change in Personel


In a week, the Lifehouse has lost an intern, recieved and safely put away a former intern, and are expecting new interns this week. I haven't written about concerns at home before but I think this many changes to our roster so often could affect how us interns interact with each other and the work we try to do together. We are constantly being shifted around to different centers, every other day getting to see someone else in action. On top of my pervious concerns, by the end of the following week we will have three of our most experienced interns of this summer go home. My point is that doing life saving work brings people closer together than most other jobs and so when anyone leaves...it affects us, no matter the reason they must leave. The same applies when we get new people, getting used to a different set of personalities and styles of work. I am not complaining about any decisions made to have interns leave, I am merely saying these changes shake up our little world of this EMC family. I can only truly speak for myself but some people prefer a more stable set of people to work with. I can deal with the changes as they come and realize that this inernship is still worth more that worth a few changes in personel.

No comments: