Sunday, June 27, 2010

Don't I Deserve to Live?


This weekend was my first time attending the National Right to Life Conference. I, along with four other interns ventured to this conference in Pittsburgh.

One of the talks I went to was about Downs Syndrome and its correlation with abortion. The speaker herself had a beautiful, young daughter with Downs Syndrome. The talk really informed me of how high of a chance it is that a child with Downs Syndrome will be aborted.

The statistic is 90% of babies diagnosed with Downs Syndrome are aborted. A whole group of people are victims of genocide!

Another thing I was not aware of was that women of all ages are now pressured to have prenatal testing done. Women over 35 are required to have testing done because of having a higher chance of having a baby with Downs Syndrome.

Having women of all ages do this testing means that more babies are being aborted. It's very sad to see these mostly happy, loving group of people being aborted because they are seen as being a bother to society. They deserve just as much as any other child for a chance to live.

No comments: