Thursday, June 17, 2010

Patience, Prayer and Fasting


God is so good!

Last Wednesday was my first time really counseling any girls. The Lord brought Beth and me a girl named Shanda. She told us "after my second abortion I promised myself that I would never have another abortion" yet she came to us extremely abortion minded.

Beth set her up for a sonogram for this past Tuesday and when we handed her the appointment sheet she told me that she would most likely not go to the appointment since she already had a baby and has seen an ultrasound before.

She then left the center still extremely abortion minded even through she knew the right thing to do.

All week I called her and texted her to try to get a hold of her. I left her messages inviting her back into the office to talk a little more and to see more videos, but she never answered my calls or responded to texts.

This caused me to really focus on being patient in hearing back from her and to pray and fast for her.

On Tuesday afternoon I texted her about an hour before the appointment as a reminder. At that point I didn't even know if she had given me the correct number.

On Wednesday morning Beth called me with great joy and excitement. It turns out Liz talked to †Shanda that morning asking her how the appointment went and she said that she was keeping her baby because when she saw it she couldn't help but cry.

It is so rewarding to see the fruit of patience, prayer and fasting!

No comments: