Friday, June 25, 2010

She's Keeping!



Last Tuesday I met a girl I'll call Jesse. Jesse has already had 2 abortions and she came to us wanting a third. Beth and I talked to her for almost an hour and a half and didn't seem to get anywhere with her.

When we asked her about her past abortions, she admitted that she felt bad the first time. Jesse was sad for about 3 days and then she "got over it." She said she doesn't think about it anymore because there is no use in "beating yourself up about stuff like that." In a way, she seemed to be saying she knew it was wrong, but she wouldn't admit that. The session ended after we set her up for a sonogram for later that afternoon.

I called Jesse on Thursday, and when I told her who I was, there was about three seconds of silence and then she hung up. I was so disappointed because I just assumed she decided to go through with the abortion and didn't want to talk to me.

I tried calling again this Tuesday and just got her voicemail. I had given up hope when Beth tried her one last time on Thursday. She answered her phone! She's keeping her baby!! This news kept me smiling all day long. We work for moments like this. The feeling is indescribable.

Praise God, Jesse is keeping her baby! Please keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

LoveWisdom said...

Nancy that's awesome!! I'm convinced that God is looking for some people to be persistent and obedient!! Keep it up

Hanah Carter