Monday, June 28, 2010

Good bye to the Defenders of LIFE


I can’t believe it is already time to say good bye to EMC friends and co-workers. Looking back on the experience, I feel so unworthy of the opportunity. Thanks to Chris Slattery I was able to save babies, and meet so many wonderful people who will forever have an impact on my life. Liz, Linda, Carmen, Julie,Vinny and all my house mates have contributed to this amazing 6 six weeks. I just want to thank Chris for bringing all of us together, and allowing this great work to be done.

Before I came here, I would sheepishly try to explain to my friends what I was going to be doing, but now when I come home, I feel like yelling from the top of a mountain to explain the amazing feelings I have from doing this work.
The work can be very emotionally draining at times, but the joy you feel when you realize you have saved a mother’s life and her baby’s is everlasting! It was those times when I realized I was in the exact spot where God meant me to be. When you realize that at that moment you are exactly where you are supposed to be, it is a surreal feeling. Suddenly you focus in on how amazing life is. I just wish everyone could experience this.

For those who are struggling with depression, which many post abortive women face with for their whole life; I want them to know there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is God there waiting to show us that life is about love and hope! If we allow people to destroy life, then we destroy love and hope for humanity!

I have witnessed many of our clients at EMC craw through their black hole to see light, and to see that life is great, and they deserve the best. Once people see how wonderful life is, they only naturally want to give their children life. The greatest gift of all.

Thank you Chris and everyone who has had a hand in building this organization that does great things!! EMC could not save babies without the defenders of life uniting together.

God bless!

No comments: