Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back on the Job

This is my first week back in the Bronx with EMC, and I am thrilled to be here working as the intern coordinator. My previous experiences with EMC have been challenging, humbling, and rewarding, and I am sure that my time spent here now will prove to be the same.

I was grateful for a great first day yesterday. I split my day between our Bronx center on 149th and Allmed, just a few blocks away from that center.

At AllMed, I was privileged to be with many women as they came in to get a sonogram and meet their unborn children for the first time. This sonogram is an important step for most of our women, as it puts them face to face with their babies and the reality of the choice with which they are presented.

It is also a powerful reminder to those of us in the pro-life movement. Seeing a sonogram picture and hearing the little heartbeat is a tangible reminder of why we are here- to love the moms and their babies and to give moms all of the support they need to make the choice for life that, deep down, they truly desire.

No comments: