Thursday, June 10, 2010

As fate would have it...

The summer time is a great time to set up an information table near Dr. Emily's, so Tuesday we began our resource table activities. I loaded up my arms with brochures and the table and set off to cross Southern Blvd. The light turned green and traffic started as I was only midway across the street. A kind lady noticed my predicament and offered a hand as I made my way to the curb. I noticed quickly she was pregnant, however, so I declined her offer and said,
"No thank you sweetheart, you're a pregnant lady. You shouldn't come out into the street".
She grimaced. "It's ok I'm about to get rid of it over there in that clinic".
At that moment I looked her in the eye and recognized her face from a few years ago. I said, "Hey, how are you? I know you."
She replied with a smile,"Oh yeah, i remember you from when i was pregnant with my son. You remember me?", she said in shock.
The rest was history (or... a turnaround as we call it). We talked for awhile while she ate a sandwhich, Joel (another sidewalk counselor) also came by to encourage her. Rosana performed a sonogram inside of our sonogram van, and she saw a beautiful image of her 16 week old baby in the womb. Later that night I sent her a text to which she replied, "Thanks I love yall, too. Thanks for stopping me today i feel bad in my heart because I wanted to get rid of my baby but i will be fine, goodnight and please don't forget me. I was hungry God sent me out to eat and then run into you too".
I am so thankful to God for giving me such a beautiful ministry to show His love and compassion to the hurting world. Julie

No comments: