Monday, June 28, 2010

I heart ME


I was sidewalk counseling outside of Emily's on Saturday when a girl came out the back door talking on her cell phone. At first glance, I thought she was wearing one of the typical "I <3 NY" t-shirts. Soon after I realized that the shirt actually read "I <3 Me."

While a lot of the women we meet are in very sad situations being pressured into an abortion, others have the mentality that this shirt displays. Sadly, there are plenty of women out there that abort their babies simply because they do not want to deal with an unexpected pregnancy. They love themselves most and don't have room to love another person in their life. So many women I've talked to just "don't want another kid." It's as simple as that.

Life is full of surprises, sacrifices, and inconveniences. We all have them. We all have to learn to live with them. It is through Christ's sacrifice that we have life. Let us sacrifice our lives for another. In doing so, we will be blessed beyond comprehension and be at peace with ourselves.

It's okay to love yourself. In fact, it's essential that you love yourself. But love Christ most. Show your love for Christ by loving others, even an unexpected child in your womb. That child is a blessing.

I <3 Christ. I <3 Mothers. I <3 Babies. I <3 You. and yes, I <3 me, too :-)

No comments: