Friday, June 18, 2010

A Faithful Friend



Today, I met a sweet girl I'll call Tamara. Tamara came to us after googling "free abortions." I could tell she was scared. I would be, too, if I thought I was walking into an abortion. Praise God, she found us. Tamara was terrified to tell her parents about the pregnancy. She said she was really sick, and she wanted her baby out.

She didn't want to see any videos, but we talked to her about how important it is to be informed about what is happening to your body. We showed her the video of an animated abortion. All the risks and complications scared her, but she said she was more scared of parenting than she was of an abortion.

Tamara told us that the friend she had with her, Sandra, wanted her to keep her baby. Sandra came into the room, and instantly I knew I was in the presence of a beautiful person. Sandra came in saying, "I just had to come in, I've been so worried!"

In the end, it was really the love Sandra has for Tamara and the baby that saved this precious soul. Tamara is so lucky to have friend like that. She was annoyed with us that we weren't going to give her an abortion, but she was grateful that we showed her the truth. Tamara and Sandra left with smiles and hugs. Praise God :D


"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter;
he who finds one finds a treasure.
A faithful friend is beyond price,
no sum can balance his worth.
A faithful friend is a LIFE-saving remedy..."
Sirach 6:14-16

No comments: