Saturday, June 12, 2010

Miracles Happen



Thursday was an incredible day at Linda's. There was a massive celebration in Heaven that day, I just know it. We had 5 turn arounds! The picture you see here is one of the babies I helped save today.

This mom, I'll call her Susan, came into our center today with a bundle of energy. She finally got a positive result from a pregnancy test after 4 negatives over the past few months of suspecting pregnancy. She came to us to find out how far along she was because "I don't know what I want to do yet, if I want to keep it, and I want to know what my options are." I could tell Susan had a very kind and friendly heart, so even though she was abortion minded, I had hope that it would be an easy turn-around.

She thought she was about 3 months pregnant at the most...turns out she was almost 5 months pregnant. I immediate was relieved thinking there was no way she would think of aborting a baby that was 5 months along!!... Then she asked us what her options were at this point in a pregnancy...

and then we witnessed a miracle... The Holy Spirit moved in that sonogram room. We prayed that God would show Susan how much her baby already knew and loved her. Linda told Susan to put her hand on her belly and ask the baby to hold her hand.

Susan said, "Hold mommy's hand sweetheart, I love you." Slowly but surely, we saw the tiny hand reach up. It was incredible. As soon as I heard her say "I love you," I knew there was no way she would let that baby go. And then she felt the baby move for the first time.

By the time Susan left our office she was absolutely thrilled by the idea of having a little baby girl. What a beautiful case. On her way out the door she thanked us repeatedly and told us how much nicer we were than people at "those other clinics."

Thank God she came to us instead of one of those "other clinics." :D

No comments: