Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life is Awesome


Life in the EMC family is good and getting better. We have a new set of interns from Spain I can't wait to get to know. I get to "play" with a new camera for my blogs, which I am using for work and a little fun, just to watch people a bit. A few of the girls stayed home one day to clean the house and make the arrangement for the boys even better at the house. Dan and Katleen left us but the night they left was a happy occassion full of cookies, cake and ice cream.
Aside from the other little pleasures recently, I made two great connections with people. The first was Kristie from yesterday, a walk-in that was determined to get get an abortion. She was easily upset and didn't want to watch Choice Blues, so me and Sally had to resort to just talking to convince her to be open to keeping her baby. Turned out she wasn't pregnant but she tanked us repeatedly for talking about it to her. Before leaving I got a big hug, the first time I have been hugged by a client, a special unforgetable experience. The other experience was a call from an appointment I made today. I forget her name but the point is that she was the happiest most supportive person I have met in this line of work. She complimented me and the work we all do at EMC as well as pointing out about how other girls need to be more appreciative of the service we provide. We would have helped her anyway but hearing how much someone that we help being that supportive when most don't even initially realize what we really do is a breath of fresh air. The picture is a view of some of the great people that make our work possible.

No comments: