Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Women do not deserve an abortion"


I have been raised pro-life all of my life. I have known since I could remember that abortion is the cruel, silent killing of the unborn.

Doing this internship has shown me how many people are not aware of this fact. They do not know of the graveness of the operation and how much it affects the woman both psychologically and oftentimes physicallly.

It pains me to see most of these women come into our centers not having a clue about abortion, and what devasting consequences the procedure can cause them.

For example, one girl came into the center Thursday believing she was pregnant. When asked what she wanted to do if the test was positive she said, "Well, I can't care for a child so I guess abortion."

I didn't even have to show her the video. Just describing the surgery shook her up, and almost brought her to tears.

This is why I am in New York City. To inform these women of how they don't deserve an abortion.

This is why I go to the march for life in D.C., and vote pro-life candidates into office.

These women deserve to know the truth before they go through with abortion. And, these babies deserve a chance at life.

No comments: