Friday, June 18, 2010

Naming My Babies


Mother Teresa once said that the fact that God places someone in our life means that He wants us to do something for that person. I truly believe that every mother and child that I encounter each day is placed in my life for a reason.

It can be painful to watch mommies go into Dr. Emily's with iPods blaring and a mission of avoiding anyone outside. Yet, they were placed in my path for a reason.

I name every baby going into that dreadful place. I pray fervently for them, especially when his or her mother refuses to speak to us.

Naming my babies makes the issue so much more personal and I fight even harder for them.

My babies Sam and Tia didn't make it. I mourn for them, because no one else probably will.

My baby Lana made it! God made sure I was at Emily's both days her parents showed up to abort her so that I could help turn them away. Her parents don't speak English and I don't speak Spanish, but God made sure I was there both times to speak the language of love and help save Lana.

Every person deserves a name. If these babies are murdered in the abortion mill, then at least I helped give them some type of dignity and love. I can remember them by name and pray for their mothers.

This is a picture of my baby Kyle.

No comments: