Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Birthday Blessings


Recently, we celebrated our Queens center director’s birthday and it was great. She invited the interns and girls that she had worked with in the past to her favorite restaurant and we ate and drank and sang to our heart’s content.

The best thing about working in a pregnancy center is all the connections you make. Our director had so many of her girls there who were all so grateful for the things that she had done for them. They all said that they were so happy they had changed their mind and not aborted; but even better than not aborting was actually seeing the fruits of her labor.

There were two little babies there that we all got to snuggle and love. While I was playing with one of the babies our director leaned over and said to me, “This is exactly why I do what I do.” I can understand her sentiment.

It’s hard work day in and day out. We put in over 40 hours a week and are on call 24/7 in case one of our girls needs something in the middle of the night. I’m no stranger to that call myself. But at the end of the day when all is said and done I am at peace knowing that there was a change of heart in a mommy and a baby’s life was saved.

1 comment:

Karen said...

There is nothing better than snuggling a little baby...thank you for your efforts to help save them :)

BTW, that is an adorable baby your are snuggling in the picture ;)