Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time Well Spent


An intern from Spain said to me tonight, " I am here to help moms save their babies" "If only one life is saved then all of the trouble is worth it." How true these words are!

Working 6 days a week and sharing one shower with 13 other girls is not always easy. But, any trial that comes our way is well worth it when we take a step back and realize why we are here. We have such an unique job! Every morning we know we'll be doing God's work by trying to save babies. Work can be very emotionally draining sometimes and frustrating. Like one of the girls I counseled yesterday at Liz's.

"Jennifer" was 16 years old and was planning on having her second abortion. I talked to her for over 2 hours. She wasn't very receptive, and after all that time still wanted an abortion. I came to Liz heart broken that she would not change her mind. I about broke down right then and there. I gave the girl a few pieces of literature and said that I was sorry but I could offer her no further help. To my surprise she stayed for another hour asking me questions.

Finally, it was time for her to go. She said she was still abortion leaning, but that she wanted to talk more about it. Yes, of course! So, she is coming back in tomorrow. Please pray she comes to her appointment and that she has a change of heart.

No comments: