Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Second Chance


God blessed me yesterday with another turn around at Emily's. It was my second time outside of Emily's abortion clinic, and yesterday like my first day, I was blessed to witness a turnaround because the patient (or more like customer) was having trouble with her medicaid. God bless glitches in social medicine!

Both girls were up, fasted, and dressed for an abortion . . . and both said after coming into our sonogram bus that "maybe this is God giving me a second chance and telling me not to get an abortion." Now there's an idea!

Reading about Jesus's Divine Mercy and the Love of His Sacred Heart brings me to tears. He longs the most for the worst sinner, which most likely is not one of these girls who are mostly ignorant and scared. More likely I believe the greatest sinner is one of pride, which is why those who think they are holy are also in great need for Jesus's Divine Mercy to stray off pride. I worry more for the girls who walk out of the back of Emily's clinic with the gauze bandaid on their arm and lollipop in their mouth who DON'T look distressed. They don't have anything to learn from the experience except that there's nothing bad to an abortion. Yet every person, including the rudest clinic workers and the abortion doctors, deserve our deepest love. The greatest sinner could become the greatest saint because everything is possible with our Lord's divine mercy.

No comments: