Thursday, June 3, 2010

Every Body is Pro-Life


I watched the back door to Dr. Emily's slowly open. I watched as a girl took painful baby steps out the door, all the while completely consumed in terrible sobs. My heart was so full of sorrow while I watched her. I was already plotting my plan of action; I was going to make sure to extend extra love and care towards her as she walked out the gate and make sure she knew there was post-abortive help available.

But, then, a very odd thing happened. The new "employee" at Dr. Emily's, who's job is to drive women home after their abortions, pulled into the parking lot in front of the girl. It was absolutely shocking to me what this man did after he pulled up. He got out of the car, noticed how much pain this girl was in, and grabbed the girl immediately to himself. This man actually held this wounded woman in his arm for minutes.


These types of situations are proof that every BODY is Pro-Life. That man's NATURAL reaction was to hold this woman. The woman's NATURAL reaction after her child was ripped out of her womb was to grieve. Our bodies were made a certain way by God and our body language reflects this. When we abuse our bodies, it shows. Perhaps everybody's opinion is not one that is Pro-Life, but everyone's body is Pro-Life. Bodies were made for life, they crave it, and grieve it when it's gone.

I was reminded of this situation today outside the Brooklyn center as I stood next to two abortion mill employees. These woman were smoking together and their bodies absolutely radiated misery. Their eyes were dark, they were complaining about how terrible their lives were in hostile voices, they just looked so miserable. But, who's body wouldn't cry out after working day after day in the midst of death and sheer evil?

God may give us free will to choose life or death. To choose our views on abortion. But the bodies God gave each of us leave no choice; each one is purely Pro-Life.

No comments: