Saturday, June 5, 2010

It takes two


Today I counseled a man who desperately wanted his baby.
He showed up in the 149 office with a check ready. He thought that he was walking into an abortion clinic. He was totally convinced that the life of his baby was going to be snuffed out today.
When I spoke to him, at first the only thing he said was he would be ok with it if she kept the baby. As I talked to him, I slowly came to the realization that he wanted this baby.
He told me that he believes that abortion is wrong and that it is killing a living baby. He told me that he has to be supportive of his girlfriend because he loves her so much.
Then I posed this simple question:” If you saw a blind man walking off a pier into the ocean would you stop him?” He naturally answered that he definitely would stop him. I then asked, “If you would stop a blind man from walking into the ocean, then how could you allow the person on this earth that you love the most to walk into the biggest mistake of her life?” “How could you allow her to have your own flesh and blood ripped out of her body?”
He cried and asked me to let him talk to her.
They walked out about a half hour later, he still hadn’t convinced her to keep it. So, could you please pray for this couple, I will name them Brian and Tina, that they make the right choice, and choose life.

No comments: