Sunday, June 23, 2013

An interesting conclusion


Yesterday I went to Emily's for the second time. I thought it would be like the first time I went, but it was not. When I arrived, I saw at the door, standing up with reflective vest, volunteers pro-choice. Their job was to try stop me from talking to women entering the clinic. I shouldn't stop because they were there, in fact I should be more decisively and stronger than ever. 

One of the things that more annoyed me was when I gave a brochure to a girl that was about to enter because she was going to have an abortion, and 2 meters from where I had given her it, one of the volunteers pro-choice took it off and threw it away in front of me. I also noticed how outstanding they were of us so that we didn't talk to anyone that came to Emily's. They were able to chase you, the meters that were necessary, so that they could arrive and block you before being able to have a conversation with them.

All these pro-choice's reactions made ​​me think and arrive to the conclusion that our role at Emily's has much influence. Because if the brochures we hand out where not useful they wouldn't break them, and if the brief conversations we have with the girls weren't enough helpful they wouldn't block us either.

This conclusion and people standing with us every Saturday in front of the clinic praying helps me keep going with each Saturday at Emily's because if it is hard a normal day during the week, Saturday is much more.

No comments: