Thursday, June 20, 2013

My first contact was with the offices EMC has in the Bronx and Brokling. However, yesterday I had the opportunity to spend a morning at the door of Emily's, an abortion clinic.

How different experiences. While in ones I can make them recognize that abortion is not the best and only option in a indeterminate period of time in others I have just the seconds it takes them to step inside the gate of the suffer, I decided to call it like this after seeing the faces of the women as they left.

They usually get anxious and nervous. When they enter the clinic, they receive them and give them a bracelet that identifies them and an hour to start what will change their lives.

Until the hour arrives, the only support to lose the nerves of some of them is with a cigarette, which forces them to go out the back doors of the clinic, which is about 15 meters from the gate where interns stand.

When this happens, we have to raise our voices to try, once again, make them think about what is still in their hands. Most look as if they where deaf but yesterday it was not like this. I tried to talk to one of them from the gate and she walked towards me to talk better.


It was unbelievable. I talked to her until it was ''her turn''. ''Her turn''? I thought you got a turn to buy at the butcher but I didn't know abortion clinics use the same term to end a life. I'd like to know how the baby feels when he hears it's the turn of his death.

No comments: