Friday, June 28, 2013

A step closer to them


What do the pregnant girls we meet have in common? Fear. For the time I’ve been here I have always seen that shadow behind the looking in their eyes. There was a women who had no job, neither had her boyfriend. I knew a girl, who was being pressured by her partner to have an abortion, although, as she said: “she was going to kill the baby”. I met a lady with three lovely children who had no resources, neither the time, to rise the forth one because she was studying for getting a better job. Someone told me about an underage girl who didn’t even know how to take care of a kid. And these are not only stories written in this sheet of paper, this are real stories of people that could be you.

Each woman has a different situation with a different way of going through it. Each girl that comes is beautiful and precious; even more than we are, because they are mothers. I heard once that “we are not here to help the babies but their mothers”. They need the hand of a friend to get out of the situation they are living.

Will we be able to do it?

The answer are only two words: loving them.

No comments: