Saturday, June 29, 2013

Giving back

Giving back. Busy schedules, hectic classes and constant complaining: those are the ingredients that make up the recipe of my school year in a big city like Madrid. When reaching the end of the last semester of class, you start analizing and reflecting on your past year while feeling the growing excitement that comes with kicking off the summer. You start making all sorts of different plans with friends, thinking that the more places you visit, the more you go clubbing or the more you kick back and relax on the beach, the better your summer will be but, at the end of the day, every year you do the same things. What is all of that worth? What is the point of always thinking about yourself, your needs and your own fun? Little did I know that all of these questions that were popping up in my head were going to end up taking me to the U.S to help out at Expectant Mother Care for the summer. What I did know was that I wanted to give back. I want to give back and learn from others. I want to make a difference to someone and know that I havent wasted my summer focusing only on me. My name is Virginia Libano and in this blog I will be keeping you posted on how all of that is working out for me. 

No comments: