Friday, June 28, 2013

New York City, I have missed you


Hey there, I'm blogging again. I don't know if you remember me, but I was an intern at EMC a couple of summers ago and actually, since i came back, I have been thinking about the possibility of returning, so here I am.

My experience with this internship was rather remarkable, it truly changed me. It made me realized how useful I could be to this women that come to the offices; for the first time in my life I was no longer a college student, or just a girl in my twenties. I was no longer Teresa Beitia; and for the first time in my life, I could be the real me. I could advice people who were really in trouble, who were desperate, who were hopeless. They let me help them and by doing so they helped me.

When I came back to Spain, I was so shocked and impressed I couldn't stop telling everybody, specially my friends and family who got sicked of it, how my summer had been at the pregnancy centers, at the abortion clinics entrance, walking down New York streets, meeting new friends and growing as a person. Nothing in my entire life has been as incredible as my two months at EMC, and that's why I am back.

Although I'm only staying for three weeks, the rest of the summer I'll be in LA, with another prolife asociation, helping women in the West Coast. So we will be in touch. Keep praying for me and for those girls and their babies.

Thank you! Its nice to be back

2 comments:

W. said...

Nice. I'll try to follow you here as well, haha.

Unknown said...

Thanks amiguico!