Monday, June 24, 2013

Life


Hi everybody!

My name is Bea, I come from Barcelona and I am currently studying medicine. I arrived here last Friday, and the only thing I can think of now that I look back on everything that has happened is how much I have learnt. I came to New York, the city where the dreams come true, with great expectations. Which so far have had to change to some real ones. For instance, I thought our task should be saving the life of the babies that were not going to see the light and feel the air. But we are not here for that. It’s all about love. Every mother loves her child. That’s why being mother, having a baby, is such a blessing.

I hope my staying here and this experience help me getting closer to those mothers and their children. Today has been the first day that I have seen a sonography… the best part of it was the looking in the mothers eyes, even when we found out she was going to have twins!
Life is the most beautiful gift we have.

No comments: