Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pro Choice?


Today I began really considering the phrase "Pro-Choice", living here in the US I've learned a lot of new English terms, but in Spain we call those who are not pro-life, pro-abortion. I suppose the term pro-choice came along as a euphemism because pro-abortion sounds so harsh. But upon consideration, I believe that the abortion decision should be decided upon by all people involved, everyone should be given the choice. I don't know why so many people say it is the choice of the individual woman.


I don't think that anyone has the right to make a decision about whether another human being should live, especially the unborn who cannot defend themselves.


A pregnant woman's baby is not just a part of her body. The baby is a part of her, and her family, and a part of the father and his family. Even if unborn children were only considered parts of the parent's bodies, they would have to be considered a part of BOTH of the parent's bodies. And a woman has no right to destroy the man's body!


But the fetus is not just a part of her body. The fetus is a human person who should be entitled to the same rights as any other member of the human community.


From what I can understand, "pro-choice" signifies the right to be ignorant, the right to be self-centered, and the right to kill an innocent baby.

No comments: