Friday, August 19, 2011

Last day in Bronx

Last day, I was working in the Bronx, it was my last day working in the internship, during the morning came different girls, like every morning.

One of the last girls that came wasn't pregnant, she was looking for a GYN check-up, so she didn't have to fill in all of the in-take form, then she asked me if everything was ok, and when I check the paper i saw the she had had an abortion when she was 17, now she was 21.
Is surprised me, so i started asking her why she decided to have an abortion, to which she replied that she had a little sister that now is 12, and she did't want to give her a bad example having a baby so young, at that time I said to her that what she thinks that was a worse example, having a baby being so young, or having an abortion. With this sentence she realized that she was wrong, and she used her sister as an excuse to abort.

A lot of girls that i spoke to are always looking for different excuses because she can't have a baby, but i think it's just she was very scared. So we have to show them that having a baby is't as scary as all that.

No comments: