Saturday, August 13, 2011

Outside there is hope (II)


Most of the times that I've been helping in one of our offices the women that came had their minds into abortion. Once I was counseling one woman for two hours, we talked about almost everything, and finally all she said at last was: "So, I cannot get an abortion here. Can I?".
But sometimes there are days that you'll never ever forget.
This past thursday a 24-year-old-women came to our office in Bronx and I had the luck of counseling her with the help of Liz. This girl did not know for sure if she was pregnant and she has already one daughter; at first she wanted an abortion because she wants to start studiyng and she thought that with another child that would be imposible. What impresed me about this woman? She loved so much her daughter that while she was talking to us explaining her reasons to have the abortion she did realized that she loves her unborn child as much as the already born one. She couldn't break her baby in pieces in order to study, and who says she is not going to be able to study with another baby?
She did the pregnancy test and turned out to be positive. Could anybody imagine the reaction of this woman? She started jumping because of the happiness, called her boyfriend, she was so mad happy. She left the office as the happiest person in the world.
Women like this one remands me that out there exists a chance of change this world, a chance to help everyone who needs our help. Remands me that our work is important.
Situations like this remind me to keep the faith in what we do, these women need us and we need them. Don't care about how hard it could be sometimes.
Days like this are worth it.

No comments: