Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thank God

This tuesday I went to the Bronx center. I had the opportunity to do counseling with a 45 years old woman who was seeking an abortion. She is now one month pregnant. The reason why she was looking for an abortion is because her doctor told her that her son would probably be born with a malformation.

I started talking with her and showing a video about the procedures of an abortion, she was a little scared because she didn't know in what an abortion consists of, so she asked me, why are you doing abortions if is as horrible as it is showed in the video? After that I started talking with her because she was so confused. She wanted to keep her baby but on the other hand she didn't because of the possibility of being born with some problems. I told her that this is one thing she can't decide, it's only God who decides how you son is going to be. God only wants the best for every person, and a son with a malformation doesn't mean anything bad for you and your son, some people will not understand it because only God knows what is the best for everyone.

As a conclusion I have to say that we cannot decide if we want to kill our son because of a possible malformation, God will choose what is better for us. Finally the woman decided not to have the abortion and decided to save the life of her son.

No comments: