Friday, August 19, 2011

Historys of EMC

During this two weeks I have been working in Queens office. This office is located in Jackson Heights. During these days we have had a lot of visits, all of them very different.


Every case impress me a lot as I said during my last posts I admired the big courage of all this girls and how they face up her pregnancy.



Last week a girl came to Queens with her boyfriend. When I opened the door I saw a girl, at the beginning I though she seems very young but when she said that she was 14 I got very impressed! This girl at the beginning said that she wanted an abortion the boyfriend support her with any decision that she would take. Nacho and I started the counseling informing her about all the consequences and risks that an abortion could have, fiscally and physiology. When the girl realized about the real risks of an abortion her face was changing in to a worried face a sad at the same time. The couple were very overwhelm because they started thinking about how they can tell their parents that she was pregnant and also that they want finally to keep the baby. We try to help them explaining them how they can tell their parents this decision and also we arrange an appointment for made her a ultrasound.


On Saturday the boyfriend called me and told me that finally they are not coming to make the ultrasound because the girlfriend mother want the abortion.


I now that is not a happy history it can be contradictory but when you face up with this type of cases you feel like a big strong to continue with this work and informed all the girls about the real consequences and stopped with this tragedy!








No comments: