Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blessed

A little while ago I was helping out with prenatal day at our Brooklyn Clinic and I noticed that one of our clients had a very distinctive tatoo on the back of her neck: it said Blessed.

From all accounts, her life was pretty rough. But was she complaining? Not that I heard. From all accounts my life is pretty great. And was I complaining? Yeah, a lot...

I didn't have "Blessed" tattooed on me for all to see, not on my skin, and often not in my mind or actions either. She had a life probably a lot more difficult than I could associate with, but when people looked at her, she wanted them to think of her first and foremost as blessed.

While I don't intend to get a tattoo anytime soon, I think it would be equally effective to brand that understanding onto my heart and live it in such a way that whoever I meet will understand immediately about me that I am truly blessed.

No comments: