Friday, August 5, 2011

Let Them Come

I have noticed that at each of the rallies here at the Summer of Mercy 2.0, there are always two or three pro-choicers who show up and stand on the outskirts of the crowd and listen, take pictures, or take notes on what is going on. It bothers some of the pro-lifers in the crowd and they attempt to block their cameras with their posters and signs. Others walk over to them and ask them if they would like to join us or would like some water (both offers they always turn down). Others nervously turn around and stare and seem puzzled as to why they are there and what they are doing. But today it hit me, of course they come to our rallies, they can't help but be drawn in. God's grace and mercy are irresistible. The rallies are a time of prayer and a liturgy for the pre-born. Even to me, a pro-life christian, it is awe inspiring and curiously powerful to see and hear the mass of us gathered there praying and singing in unison about the all-powerful mercy of God. I truly believe that prayer and public witness can end abortion. When I see pro-choicers at the rallies, it further affirms this in my mind. So I say let them come. Let them take my picture. Let them write down notes about me. It may be these very things that make us uncomfortable that help them choose life.

No comments: