Saturday, August 13, 2011

Keep the Faith


This is my last blog but not my farewell. I have been here in NYC, the capital of abortion, for six weeks, always ready to help those who need it. I've heard and talked with lots of women, learned plenty of different things and even grown up.

I really have to thank all of you for everything you taught me these weeks and I have to confess all the admiration that I profess to you: Liz, Linda, Carmen, Chris, Greg, Rossanna and Jowell as well as all my co-workers interns. I'll ask you not to change as the years pass by. I'll ask you not lost your courage. To keep your faith in your work even in the hardest moments. These women need you and so do their babies. It is good to know that there are people in this world that fight and try their best to make this world a better place for everyone.

In Spain the problem of abortion is not as big as it is here (the number of abortions in the entire country is almost the same as NYC alone) and many people ask us why are we pro-life. The answer is pretty easy: "How couldn't we be?". We do not own someone's life, we cannot choose who deserves to live and who doesn't. Life is the best gift we'll ever have and everyone must have the chance of living his life. We have to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Abortion is one of the most unfair things in the world. We don't have to work hard to save some babies in NYC, we have to fight as hard as we can to end abortion all around the world.

From now I'll try my best every day.

Thanks to all of you.

No comments: