Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A good bye that disguises a see you soon

My story with EMC started the 16th of June, but it didn't end this Sunday when I left, it will never end because it is the story of my life, of me being pro-life; which is something that I will be until my last breath.

I cannot describe in just a word these 7 weeks here... what can I say? That it was awesome, fantastic, amazing, incredible or wonderful? Yes it was, but it was more than that, it was something deeper, it was LIFE CHANGING.

I didn't want to leave NYC, the Bronx Lifehouse and especially the people I have met there. I wanna thank everybody that has made my stay there possible and comfortable in any way; I wanna highlight the advice and the help of Liz, Linda and Carmen for running the offices; Rosana and Jowell for being there with me at Emilys, standing with me under that hot sun. I wanna thank Julie for giving me the courage to start counseling. I thank Marnee for helping me with my blogs, checking my grammar and obviously I wanna thank Chris for letting me stay at the Lifehouse and help with his organization.

But besides all of this, I wanna thank my coworkers, the rest of the interns for standing me everyday at the house and at work! I wanna thank Amber for being my roomate and not getting mad at me even when I was the most untidy person in the world, I wanna thank Sarah for the appropriate joke in the appropriate (sometimes not so appropriate moment), I wanna thank Gabrielle for encouraging me to speaks with the girls even when I was feeling down and telling me that I speak good english, I wanna thank John for those "enriching" conversations that we used to have about global issues in which we wouldn't always agree with each other, I wanna thank Greg for being like the papa of this life family (buying food, organizing people, playing the banjo and even singing in latin!), I wanna thank Belen for being that big sister that I never had even when she found out that I wasn´t that good at painting nails..., I wanna thank Alex for taking me to the airport (though I have to say that I thought we wouldn't get there), I wanna thank Nacho for making me laugh even in the most unsuspected situation, I wanna thank Gabriel for being like the perfect journalist, always with the right thing to say (even when he didn't learn my name properly, and neither did Nacho..), I wanna thank Oriol for his special way of giving thanks at lunch times, I wanna thank Ignasi for being a very interesting chatty person to talk with, I wanna thank Carlos for being so "calm" and make it ok when I was in one of my stress moments and I had to scream and I wanna thank Borja for being such a good doctor (for the body and the soul) whenever I was in need of healing.

I also wanna thank the rest of the interns that I met during the summer but they already left like: Irma, Megan, Maria, Cristina, Teresa, Luis and Abby. Sorry if I am not mentioning somebody.

To sum up, I am very grateful to God for being my guide in all the days I've been working there, to my parents for paying for my flight and the women that where there at the offices and the clinics everyday, even the ones that didn't change their minds, they all helped me out in a special way.

I fullfil my ambition, I am more mature now than I was at the beginning of the summer. Thank you EMC!

P.S: I almost forget to mention the most important person that made my presence there possible: Marta, without her I would never have found the courage to join such an important organization and of living such a crazy and unbelievable experience!

No comments: