Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In Unexpected Places


As I have been working here for the past three months I have often been amazed at how I am able to minister to people. Sometimes I am able to change a “Pro-Choicers” idea of what Pro-Lifers are like. Once I was able to work with a homeless woman. (That was outside of EMC work.) There are many chances for all of us to reach out and touch people’s lives.
This morning however was different. As I was headed to work, a man sat down next to me. I smiled at him, and rested my head on my hand again. He asked if I was alright. I said I was, that I was just exhausted. Concern filled his eyes and he wondered if I had a rough night. (I actually slept well!) I explained that my job could be emotionally draining, and we started a conversation about what I do.
His interest was evident, and I quickly learned that he was Pro-Life. When I went to get off at my stop, he shook my hand and thanked me for doing this work. As I walked into the office, I realized I wasn’t so exhausted anymore. God placed that man in the right place, at the right time; knowing I would need to have an extra boost. I was able to give my clients 110%, thanks to a complete stranger.
Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name: he shall throughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.
Jeremiah 50:34
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mathew 11:28

No comments: