Monday, July 25, 2011

If it's Worth Having it's Worth Fighting For!

This week has been pretty exhausting and for the first time since I came here I have missed Spain. Not because I don't like NYC anymore or because I am tired of working for EMC, but because working against abortion and facing hundreds of women has made me realize how different my country is from this one. We both have good and bad things but one thing that I really miss about Spain is that, we are not such a progressive one. So some values, like the family ones, are better established.
It makes me want to cry when I see girls that do not see the importance of commitment in a relationship, which means that they don't believe in true love. This might sounds corny but I don't care, I need people and specifially young people that firmly believe in love, in a life long love.. Because a life without love is not a life.
How can a 16 year old girl who has grown up in a traditional family (with father, mother and siblings) not believe in true love? Easy, because she hasn't had a traditional family.
Kids nowadays grow up in a very difficult atmosphere, surrounded by single mothers, step-siblings or divorced parents.
What I want to point out is the strength and importance of having a real and good family. From my point of view I think I am really lucky; I was born into a family that truly loves me. I have grown up seeing the love between my parents and understanding that I am a fruit of that love. What young women need to understand is that when it gets tough we gotta fight more, we must face reality and accept the fact that relationships are not perfect, because we ourselves are imperfect. So, when things go wrong we cannot just break up, or run away or divorce: if we truly love that other person we fight to solve the issue.
I just wish the rest of the kids that are about to be born would have the same example and the same blessing that I had: being born into a family that believes in love.

No comments: