Thursday, July 14, 2011

One moment can change your life forever

Today I went to Dr. Emily's again, it may sound weird but I'm starting to love the hours I spend there because the more times I go the more I learn about life.

Yesterday before going there I was only Teresa, a 19 year old girl, today when I left I was Teresa a life savior, I had grown up.

This was the lesson of today, I spent 4 hours handing out brochures to the girls that were going inside the abortion clinic but none of them stopped and listened to me, one of the girls said that she was not pregnant, that she was there because of her friend and she took the flier and put it in her purse while she walked in with the pregnant girl, so I was pretty disappointed with myself thinking that I wasn't helping and that I was useless. Everything changed half an hour later when they both left the clinic with the leaflet in their hands, they had seen the pictures of dead babies and the pregnant one realized that she didn't want her kid to die, she was not a killer, she was a woman.

Then they took the number of one of my coworkers and said they would call us. It was great, we saved a life when we thought there was no hope.

No comments: