Sunday, July 10, 2011

Talking on the Sidewalk

One of the great benefits of sidewalk counseling at Dr.Emily is the chance to speak with many people – even if they aren´t necessarily abortion bound. I had the opportunity to do just that on Saturday when I talked with a woman who was not pregnant but has been going to the clinic regularly for her GYN appointments.

Of course many women do lie and say just that even though they are going for an abortion but I am confident this was not that type of woman. We probably spoke for about twenty minutes right there on the sidewalk about the abortion issue in general, patronizing a location that commits abortions, and God.

And I must say it was very uplifting being able to share with an open minded person. Although no baby was necessarily saved right then and there – I´m sure she left the conversation more pro-life than when we started. Her and her mother had both had abortions and I could tell the pro-life message was really resonating with her. She knew first-hand the emotional side-effects and devastating consequences. I knew she was glad I was there because she said as much.

Anyway the goal of sidewalk counseling is definitely saving moms and babies from abortion, but being able to evangelize the beauty of the pro-life idea makes going to the sidewalk worth it just the same.

No comments: