Saturday, July 16, 2011

Discovering EMC


This thursday Chris Slattery attended a National pro-life leaders meeting in Washington.
Some of the interns had the chance to go with him. I was one of them.
I just stayed two days in there but there are a couple of points that really impress me.

On one hand, in Washington we stay over at a Chris friends house. They welcome us as if we know them since ever. In America the people is really open. Moreover, in this case, I feel that no matter where are you from or what religion you practice that there is always a way to get on well with different people. Chris has friends every where we go, maybe they don't share the same believes. But they are friends and they welcome us as I said. I had the impression that in America everyone has space, everyone can make himself at home.

On the other hand, a fact that has positive impress me is how they manage all the work tjey had at EMC. During the time we spent with Chris Slaterry, he was constantly answering calls, e-mails... He has compromise himself with the pro life movement and he really believe in what he found. He is always open to everybody. When we stay with him, each day has to work with small problems and with effort he tried to solve it.

Although I know at EMC everyone is more than welcome, I had experienced myself that EMC is an open organization who cares about people, who really thinks in the person as someone unique.

In this picture, Chris and the five interns we went to Washington.

No comments: