Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stop Selfishness

Everytime that I go counseling to any of the EMC clinics I learn at least one new thing.

I remember my first time at the Bronx Clinic, a 32 year-old women came for some counseling, she was pregnant and she had already one abortion and two more kids. She seems to be the kind of women that had all her life planned and this new kid looked like he was not in her plans so she was pretty convinced to have the abortion. Now I wish I had this question in my mind: "Is it in your plans to run a risk that involves your whole life and the life of your entire family?"

Now I ask this question to every single woman who has her mind on abortion, do they really realize that this practice involves pain for the women, pain for the unborn and many other risks? Because all of this happens, abortion is not a secure neither healthy practice. Does the 32 year-old women that came to the clinic leave her two children with their dad and grow up with no mom only because an unplanned kid? Life show us many times that unplanned things are usually the best, why shouldn't be this kid one of those?

No comments: