Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Miracle Child (Part 2)

This past weekend I got the chance to attend a pro-life camp in Utica, NY. But that doesn't mean I had a weekend off of work. At 11'0clock Saturday night I got a text from Ana* telling me that her boyfriend kicked her out of her apartment, she had no place to stay the night, and needed my help.



The next morning she called and told me the whole story. She came home to find her boyfriend had moved in a new girlfriend and was doing drugs in the apartment she paid rent for. The fighting began and the police were called. Legally he could not kick her out of the apartment she paid rent for, but after the officers left she felt to unsafe to stay. So at 11'0clock at night and 19 weeks pregnant, she left. A few phone calls and days later, I helped her get into a maternity home so she would not have to stay in a shelter while she figure out her situation.


Ana and her baby are survivors. No matter what life has thrown at her so far, she finds a way to persevere and stand her ground. She will do anything to protect her baby, uphold the miracle of life, and find the courage of motherhood.

No comments: