Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Best Way

"When was the first day of your last period?" I asked. "Yesterday." she said. "So why do you think you are pregnant?" I asked puzzled. "Well, I had unprotected sex last night. So I was wondering if I could have 'Plan B'." she replied."Oh, I see." I said. "Well, let me give you some information..."


I have come across several women who come in looking for "Plan B" or " The Morning After Pill." Some even ask to take a pregnancy test the day after, even when they are menstruating. It is sad to realize the number of young women who are having sex, yet have no clue how their fertility works. Most of these women say they would never get an abortion, so they are always shocked to find out that these types of pills are in fact abortifacients. When they ask me what kind of contraceptive I recommend, I tell them about the best kind out there. Abstinence. It is 100% effective and it is free! I am surprised at the number of girls who are extremely receptive to what I tell them about abstinence. "After all," I told one girl, "who wants to worry about whether or not they are going to get their period that month or if they have an STD. Life is too short. Wait till marriage, it is the best way." She then stood up, took her birth control pills out of her purse, and threw them in the garbage! "I don't need these anymore." she said."I'm waiting till marriage."

1 comment:

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

It really is sad how little women and girls know about their fertility! Eek!