Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fredericksburg

Last week I had the opportunity to learn a lot about American history. There was a thing in the battlefield of Fredericksburg that impressed me a lot and remind me of pro-life, the story of Richard Rowland Kirkland, a Confederate Army sergeant.

Kirkland had a close up view to the suffering and like so many others was appalled at the cries for help of Union wounded. He gathered canteens and in broad daylight, without the benefit of a cease fire or a flag of truce, provided water to numerous Union wounded lying on the field of battle. Union soldiers held their fire as it was obvious what Kirkland's intent was.


This action made me think about our work in EMC, we want to help the unborn babies who can’t speak for their own and fight for their lives. One of the most remembered things about the civil war was this action I’ve explained, that wanted to save the life of defenseless people.


No comments: