Monday, July 11, 2011

Racial Equality


After all that our country has witnessed, experienced, and endured, I still don't understand why there is still bigotry, ignorance on social issues that plague all, and the maintained disregard for our fellow men.

One would think between medical, and social advances simple things like racism would not longer exist, as well as morals not being shoved aside. However, the fact is that there is a blatant disregard for morals, and the well being of others.

After counseling several multi-racial girls today in the Bronx office, I came to realize that not everyone may look at race as a huge deal. I mean, after all living in a Hispanic neighborhood in the Bronx, working with various ethnicities, and being a white male, I thought people would look at me differently. But, instead I came to realize that it wasn't about me, or my race, but rather it was about the girls in crisis pregnancies. It doesn't matter if your black, white, asian, or hispanic, the fact f the matter there is a child in the womb of these women and that is a human being who has the right to experience life and make choices to guide his own life.

Thank you to the girls who have made me recognize this simple fact of life.

No comments: